I live in Atlanta, where I spend my days designing instructional media. At night, I run a coloring book empire. So far, I’ve published 3 coloring books, and they’re available on Amazon.com and at fine retailers in Atlanta, such as Richard’s Variety Store (Peachtree Battle) and Beehive in Edgewood.
Here are some additional fun facts:
1. I’m a 4th generation native of Alabama’s beautiful Gulf Coast region.
2. I am a certified Level 2 Reiki practitioner, in the lineage of Usui Shiki Ryoho.
3. My maternal grandfather was a shrimper.
4. I love border collies.
5. I’m colorblind, thanks to my previously mentioned grandfather and my dad. They’re both colorblind, and bestowed a bizarre combo of recessive genes upon me. Only .5% of females are colorblind.
6. My yoga teacher is 74 years old, and I’ve been practicing with her since 2007, in the tradition of T.K.V. Desikachar.
7. My sister and I can quote several movies like it’s our job, including Raising Arizona, Mommie Dearest, Pee Wee’s Big Adventure, old school Willy Wonka, Annie, Waiting for Guffman, and Gone with the Wind.
8. When I was in 9th grade, I got in big trouble for playing Straight Outta Compton on a portable tape player between Sunday School and Church service. See, there was no Internet, and we were too young to drive back then, and it had Explicit Lyrics, so nobody’s parents would buy it for them. I thought I was doing humanity a big favor by sharing my cultural riches with my friends at church, but noooo. Somehow my beloved cassette got sent to the kitchen, where it was placed in the industrial can crusher and smashed to oblivion.
9. I don’t have any tattoos.
10. I have a bachelor’s degree in Art Therapy from Spring Hill College in Mobile, Alabama, and a master’s degree in Learning, Design, and Technology from University of Georgia.